1. Where are we located?
2. What is the track record of Ignium Academy?
3. What is the difference between Ignium Academy and Yen's Academy?
Yen's is an established learning centre that is rated one of the top centres in Bishan. In October 2018, Yen's became a member of the Ignium Academy group and will also carry Ignium's curriculum and learning methods. It continues to run independently as a licensee of Ignium's programmes and will also have other programmes such as Primary school English and Secondary School Mathematics and Science. Parents can be assured that Ignium's progrmmes will run with the same rigor in Yen's as it will be in Ignium's centres elsewhere.
4. How are Ignium's programmes different from that of other tuition centres?
5. What are your class sizes?
6. Do you offer trial lessons?
We do offer paid trial lessons for one lesson. You can enquire more at the centre.
7. What is your replacement class policy?
Subject to availability of vacancies and prior notice given to the Centre, students are allowed to switch class(es). However, students are advised to stick to the same class because they will become familiar with their tutor and friends and any change in classes will require the student, especially for the younger ones, to make new adjustments.
8. Who are your tutors?
9. What are the fees for your programmes?
Our 2019 fees at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre are:
Pri 1 - $190
Pri 2 - $200
Pri 3 - $210
Pri 4 - $220
Pri 5 - $230
Pri 6 - $240
Sec 1 - $250
Sec 2 - $260
Sec 3 - $270
Sec 4 - $300
JC 1 - $320
JC 2 - $360
Fees are also inclusive of one-time payments:
1. Registration fee: $50 (Only for new sign ups)
2. Material fee: $60 (Only once per year)
3. Deposit: 1 Month Tuition Fee
10. What does Registration Fee cover?
The Registration Fee is $50 per year. It covers administration, all teaching and learning materials including worksheets, exam paper, notes and the KooBits learning subscription for Mathematics. For Science, the Fee also covers additional notes. Students who sign up for 2 subjects (Math and Science) need only pay $50 per year.
11. How much is the deposit?
The deposit is equivalent to one full monthly course fee.
The purpose of the deposit is to ensure that students do not withdraw from the Centre at the last minute, thus depriving other students of the chance to enrol.
12. When would I get back my deposit?
The deposit will be refunded upon discontinuation of lesson(s).
13. What if a student joins in the middle of the month?
Course fee will be pro-rated if a student registers and commences lesson at any juncture of the month.
14. What are the modes of payment?
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, NETS or bank transfer. Cheques should be crossed and made payable to ‘Ignium Academy Pte Ltd.’. Please write the student’s name and contact number on the reverse side of the cheque. Please do not issue post-dated cheques.
15. When is the due date for monthly course fee?
Course fees must be paid in full by 1st of every month.
16. What happens if the course fee is not received by the end of the month?
If the course fee is not received by the 14th of the month, it will be deemed that the student wishes to discontinue with the course(s). The Centre reserves the right to withdraw the student using the deposit to offset the course fees.
17. Tell me more about the Referral Incentive.
Current students who help by referring successful students to Ignium Academy will enjoy the Referral Incentive. The Referral Incentive is a $20 cash incentive per subject referred and the new student will also receive $20 cash rebate per subject signed up for. The referral incentive is not applicable for referring siblings as sibling discounts would already be applied for those enrolling with their siblings.
18. What is the duration of each lesson?
Each lesson is conducted for 2 hours once a week.
19. What if my lesson happens to fall on a Public Holiday?
The Centre is closed on all Public Holidays. Course fees for that particular calendar month will be pro-rated accordingly.
20. Will there be any lessons during the school holidays?
The Centre runs an on-going curriculum during school holidays. Lessons will be conducted as per normal during school holidays.
21. Will make-up lessons be provided if I am unable to attend a lesson? How do I inform the Centre if I am unable to attend a lesson?
Make-up lessons, subject to arrangement by the Centre, will be provided for lessons missed. The Centre must be notified at least 2 hours before lesson commencement via email/sms/whatsapp only if the student is unable to attend a lesson. If the Centre does not receive any prior notification, it will be deemed that the student does not require any make-up lessons to be arranged.
22. Are there sibling discounts and bundled discounts?
Siblings Discounts: Students with siblings also enrolled at Ignium will enjoy $10 discount off the listed monthly lesson fees per student as long as there are 2 or more siblings still enrolled in the centre at any particular month.